Re: [Enigma-devel] Maemo Port for Nokia Internet Tablets - Performance

From: Pipeline
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Maemo Port for Nokia Internet Tablets - Performance
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 10:44:03 -0500

Andreas : disabling sounds does not seem to improve performance.

Ronald (and all) :
I believe this to be an animation slowdown with the many laser stones. I looked into source but could not find animation logic for lasers. Is this in C++ or lua? Previously i had disabled sparkles to improve performance (although i cant confirm how much that helped)... how can i test disabling of laser animations, and if that helps is there some way we can either disable or reduce animations if the fps fall below 10 or so? Laser animations are really nice to have in most levels but this may be too much.

Also, can anyone confirm if the calculations you are doing should benefit from floating point hardware? I am seeing no difference in performance when compiling for that, however im not sure the software architecture supports this.

Clarence : as mentioned above, while the n800/810 do have fpu i do not believe it is being utilized. I am interested in performance of gp2x on similar levels. The gp2x looks like interesting hardware, and i imagine there is healthy community and history behind that port. Since the nokia are less known for their gaming controls, i imagine future gp2x or pandora devices will be interesting ARM-based gaming environments.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ronald Lamprecht" <address@hidden>