Re: [Enigma-devel] Maemo Port for Nokia Internet Tablets

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Maemo Port for Nokia Internet Tablets
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 23:03:37 +0100

Hi,

Till Harbaum wrote:
i have finished the first set of changes and i think i have a nice maemo port of the latest 1.10 r1040. It includes all the features expected from a maemo app incl. icons in the required sizes and installation routines. I have only done what i think is the minimal requirement to have a nice maemo port. This includes:

- removed/disabled all graphics besides 640x480
- removed/disabled all things related to change the resolution
- removed/disabled all things related to change fullscreen
- removed/disabled all mouse cursor related stuff
- added maemo specific icons/config files/setup routines/...
- added pipelines touchscreen code as well as the tiltstick interface

> You should not remove anything within a Maemo branch. Stripping
> unnecessary stuff on the packaging stage should be sufficient.
Sure, that's what i meant. But this removes major parts from src/gui/OptionsMenu.cc and modifies the data Makefile.

Deleting lines of code not used for the Maemo port will cause major trouble in merging updates from the trunk to the branch. Besides that it would be tedious to identify the relevant patches that should be merged back to the trunk lateron.

Instead of removing code it should be excluded by macros. Have a look in the sources for the parallel existance of code for Linux, Windows and MacOS X (e.g. main.cc). In most cases I that I examined in your patches the diffs can be reduced to just a few lines.

You can start with simple "#if 0".

But we should examine how we can detect the Maemo within "configure.ac". We should define a minimal set of macros that can be used by other ports, too.

I can now either post some patches or start a new branch in svn (however this is done ...)

Tomorrow I will create a feature branch - the svn directory will be "feature_branches/maemo_port"

Greets,

Ronald