Re: [Enigma-devel] Problems with mouse in Enigma

From: Matthew Wild
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Problems with mouse in Enigma
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 21:40:36 +0100

On 7/14/07, Andreas Lochmann <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Matthew,

altogether, this definitely sounds like an sdl-bug, that's only
apparent while the mouse is grabbed (i.e. can't leave the window).

Try the following:

  export SDL_VIDEO_X11_DGAMOUSE=0
  enigma

Thank you so much! This works! Do you know what the root cause of the problem is? I have the same version of Ubuntu on my laptop, both are up to date (so exact same Enigma and SDL versions). Only my desktop has the problem...

Off to play some Enigma... :D

Matthew.

PS. I found I am not the only one to have had this problem: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/enigma-devel/2004-06/msg00009.html
Maybe if it is a common problem to some setups, it should be added to the FAQ?

PPS. Somehow it seems this thread came off list, that wasn't intentional... sorry.