Re: [Enigma-devel] BUG: GetNamedObject() doesn't return nil when it shou

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] BUG: GetNamedObject() doesn't return nil when it should
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 15:34:43 +0200

Hi,

Thanks for the bug report. It is a bag bug. The bag needs to implement dispose and dispose its content instead of deleting it within the destructor. I'll fix it lateron.

Markus Laire wrote:
On 5/15/07, Raoul <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi,
> To reproduce this bug:
> - Start the included level
> - Pickup the bag
> - Pickup the dynamite into the bag
> - Place the bag at the blinking spot
> - After the bag has disappeared, press one of the two triggers.
> -> This causes Segmentation Fault
>
> Problem seems to be that enigma.GetNamedObject(name) should return nil
> for items which aren't in the game anymore but doesn't in this case.
This is probably the good known bug "[ Bug #8249 ] Enigma Lua functions
can segfault"
https://developer.berlios.de/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=8249&group_id=3972

I checked that, but it was only talking about lua functions which
takes a reference.
GetNamedObject() doesn't take a reference so I think this might be
different case.

Also, if you place only the dynamite on the blinking spot, then this
won't segfault because GetNamedObject() will return nil as expected.

segfault only occurs when dynamite disappears when inside the bag.

Ronald