Re: [Enigma-devel] Bug: You can take over 12 bags into inventory

From: Markus Laire
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Bug: You can take over 12 bags into inventory
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:23:54 +0300

On 4/24/07, Raoul <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,
> I just noticed a bug in Enigma 1.00.
>
> If first item in your inventory is a bag, then you can take another
> bag into the inventory, even if the inventory is full.
That should result in recursive bags :-)

I just tested this a bit more, and it seems that if you pick-up an
empty bag, you won't get recursive bags, BUT if you pick up a bag
which has items with it, you will get recursive bag.

Example:
- Start game (inventory: extralife, extralife)
- Drop one extralife (inventory: extralife)
- Pick two bags (inventory: bag, bag, extralife) (A)
- Pick the extralife (inventory: bag[extralife], bag, extralife)
- Drop the bag with extralife (inventory: bag, extralife)
- Pick the bag with extralife (inventory: bag[???], extralife)   (B)
So at this stage I seem to have bag-in-bag situation. I can check it out:
- Drop the bag (inventory: extralife)
- Pick the bag (inventory: bag, bag[extralife], extralife) (C)
- Move the items with right-click (inventory: bag[extralife], extralife, bag)
- Drop the first bag (inventory: extralife, bag)
- Pick the bag (inventory: bag, extralife, extralife, bag)

Stage (A) doesn't result in recursive bags while stage (B) will.
I'm not sure if the extralife in stage (B) is in the inner or outer bag.

Stage (C) is also interesting. It might be that the marble first
picked up a bag, then an extralife into that bag, and finally the
other bag. Or maybe the marble just picked up two bags, one which had
an extralife in it.

--
Markus Laire