Re: [Enigma-devel] mouse pointer jumps suddenly

From: Andreas Lochmann
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] mouse pointer jumps suddenly
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 01:36:18 +0200

Hi Cornell,

yes, your bug looks like some missing performance. Just yesterday
I tried Enigma on a very old laptop, Pentium 166, Windows 98. Although
a little slow on startup, the gameplay was fluent (except for some really
CPU-intensive levels, like "Bright Dots").
Unless your laptop is older than this (which do you use?), your bug points
at some problem with Debian and/or your installation of Enigma.
Did you compile Enigma yourself? 0.92, 1.00 or an svn-version?
Did you notice other applications or games running similarly slow?
Please start "enigma --log"; is there something interesting in the output?

Greets from Goettingen,
Andreas

Cornell Gonschior wrote:

Hi,

I had enigma installed on my laptop+Debian testing system few years ago,
but removed it, because it was not nice regarding CPU consumption. I was
very surprised today when I installed it again (v1.00) and it had a normal
CPU usage. Great!

So I started off playing the rookie levels. But my mouse acts funny. The
pointer moves suddenly, but somehow deterministic, into one direction.
During moving and when standing still. I think the direction of the
movement and the force is also related to the last movement.

The sudden movement is only within the game window, not on the desktop
(if, I should have recognized it in the last 4 years :-). First I had
fullscreen and then I switched to window mode, but still the same. I
started the game from terminal with --nograb, but no success either. I was
looking for a debug option, but there is non in the command line options.

I am not a subscriber to this list, but hope you can help me with my problem.

TIA
Cornell