Re: [Enigma-devel] Port proposal

From: Andreas Lochmann
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Port proposal
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 02:27:14 +0200

Hi Marco,

sorry for the delay. We appreciate your efforts very much and
would like to support your porting attempts. As core libraries for
Enigma, SDL, xerces-c and lua ports to ReactOS/Haiku already have
to exist prior to any porting attempts (see doc/REQUIREMENTS).
Please make sure that these prerequisits are fulfilled.

As ReactOS is supposed to be binary compatible with Windows,
the Win-version of Enigma could already run on ReactOS without
changes. Please do some tests about this. If it works, please look
for someone active in ReactOS-development to package Enigma
the way ReactOS-applications are supposed to.

We saw that there are BeOS-variants of the SDL-libraries. If these
work under Haiku too, the first requirement for a Haiku-port seems
fulfilled. However the way will be much harder than for ReactOS.
We're willing to add neccessary changes to Enigmas trunk version,
but someone will have to prepare the neccessary patches for us.

We ourselves are not familiar with ReactOS or Haiku, and are
busy with further developing Enigma on its native platforms,
so we won't be of a big help. This includes future versions of
Enigma - if you can hold on with Enigmas development and
adapt ever new versions to ReactOS/Haiku for many years,
we'll be glad to cooperate with you!

Greets,
Enigma Team

Fwdprojects wrote:

Hi there, Enigma is cool !
We invite you to "port" it to ReactOS & Haiku.

Addictional infos:
------------------
ReactOS is an Open Source (GPL) effort to develop a quality operating system
that is compatible with Windows NT applications and drivers (based on WINE's
code).

http://www.reactos.org/

Haiku is an open source (MIT) effort to first recreate and then extend a
most excellent, once-commercially-supported, media-oriented desktop computer
operating system called the BeOS.

http://www.haiku-os.org/

HaPpY CoDiNg !

Marco Radossevich

note: i haven't any relationship with the projects (except that i'm the
author of 'open source software list' and 'Hardware manufacturer's list' on
both wikis).

update: I recently becomed the italian-section ROS forum moderator
(forart.it).