Re: [Enigma-devel] Re: 4 bugs in Enigma

From: Raoul
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Re: 4 bugs in Enigma
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 23:59:30 +0100

Hi,
Iceshark7 wrote about [Land of the Doors duplicated]
>The third bug is not really an immediate attention bug, but could still
>cause some confusion on the high scores. There are two "Land of the Doors" >levels, each having its own files, the levels are identical, yet there still
>are different scores arranged for the files.
>
>These two levels can be found:
>
>Oxyd - #31 - Land of the Doors
>Oxyd Magnum - #4 - Land of the Doors
This isn't the only level which is duplicated - there seem to be a few dotted around. Most of these Tarim noticed because he found levels which seemed very familiar which were "new" since 0.92 but then found a copy which he had done from 0.92 in another level pack.

Andreas Lochmann replied:
This is intended.
Interesting, Tarim thought the whole idea was to allow levels to be included in different level packs (with possibly different file names) but still be the same as they had the same ID? But these duplicate levels have different IDs.

What was the intention? Are the levels slightly different? Or is there some other subtle plan going on here?
In the oxyd series, newer games sometimes used levels of older ones. For this, there are some duplicated level within all oxyd packs.

Now, you are right that the crosslinks were a core concept of the new levelpack handling.

But I thought, it could be important that every Oxyd levelpackage is totally independent of the others. To do this, we must use real copies of the levelfiles and can't just linkt all to one single copy.

-- Raoul