Re: [Enigma-devel] Homepage redesign

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Homepage redesign
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 21:43:00 +0100

Nicely done! I especially appreciate the navigation bar to the left, the level of the month featrue and the updated screenshots.

I have a few suggestions for improvements though:

- I don't like the new logo, why didn't you use the old one?
- I would remove the "Enigma broke my computer! (Pay me!)" section. Not only is it not a "frequently" asked question, it also doesn't look very professional.
- There are quite a few spelling errors in the new material, for example:

Main page:
"largely enhanced" -> greatly enhanced
deepened all paged -> extended all pages
solvage -> ???
depent

Support page:
Furtheron
f.e.  = e.g.
possiblity
faq = FAQ
reproducable

Development page:
maillist = mailing list
impressum = imprint
mailinglist
installion
nuissances
familar
automization
Enimga
attribut
pageversion

(I didn't run the other pages through a spell-checker.)

- Some texts don't sound very idiomatic: For example "Wondering why this pages looks modified" might be improved to "Are you wondering why these pages look different?". But then again, I'm not a native speaker either ;-)

Apart from that, I think the new pages are really an improvement on the old ones!

Cheers
Daniel