Re: [Enigma-devel] HELP!

From: Andreas Lochmann
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] HELP!
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 01:29:08 +0100

Hi Kari,

I'm not quite sure if I translated the icons and texttabs correctly
from the German version. So, let's try:

1. Double-click on the workplace icon.

2. We have to change an option such that Windows really shows all files
(normally, it hides the "Application Data" directory; maybe that's why
 you couldn't find it). For this, do the following:
2a. Click on "Extras" in the menu, then "Options" (or "Folder options"?).
2b. Choose the 2nd tab, "Appearance" (??).
2c. Search the entry "Hidden files and directories".
2d. Then click on "Show all files and directories".
2e. Click OK.

3. Now we're back in workplace. Click on drive "C:", then "Documents
and settings", "Compaq_owner", "Application Data", "Enigma".

4. In this directory, you should find several files and directories. There's
a "levels" directory for new levels you downloaded, a "thumbs" directory
where the level previews are cached ... and two files named enigma.score
and state.xml. Possibly some copies of them in addition, marked with a
"~" and a number behind them. Please send us copies of these two files
for analysis of your problem (to enigma-devel or to my own address).

5. After you sent us the files, delete these two (right-click on them, choose
"Delete" and affirm with "Yes" or "OK") as well as all their "~"-copies.
Then, restart Enigma twice (!) and tell us, if you still have problems.

Greets,
Andreas

Kari wrote:

Hi,
 Everytime I try to open the game I keep receiving:
Fatal Error that causes the application to quit: Cannot load application score file:C:\Documents and settings\Compaq_owner\Application Data/Enigma\enigma.score. Restore both from your backup or remove enigma.score to restart with an empty score file. I'm unable to find the score file and am not sure how to "empty" it once I do. Thanks for all of your help! Kari