Re: [Enigma-devel] Lua 5.1 "luaL_error" problems on Windows

From: Tacvek
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Lua 5.1 "luaL_error" problems on Windows
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 21:05:03 -0400

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ronald Lamprecht" <address@hidden>
To: "Tacvek" <address@hidden>
Cc: "Daniel Heck" <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2006 7:05 PM

Hi

Tacvek wrote:
We can try using "DW2". It might be a problem is a dll tries to pass us an exception, but I don't think any of the dll's we are using do that.

Only Xerces passes exceptions, but we do not use the dll version.

- Ronald

Damnit.
The bug seems like it must be elsewhere. Yet that backtrace really strongly implied an error in the compiler's exception handler. I mean that backtrace definately showed a crash in that second of the code, and the way gdb seemed to skip over Enigma's code,
also seemed to fit.

Now instead of silently crashing, I get this messagebox:

---------------------------
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Enigma\enigma.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

OK

I guess that is progress.

Damn Windows!