[Enigma-devel] Scores - which values make sense

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: [Enigma-devel] Scores - which values make sense
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 21:49:33 +0100

As I am currently designing a level info screen I noticed that I have
space to display up to 5 score values for a level, each for easy and
difficult mode. I listed the following candidates based on discussions on this list. But I want to ask you for some final brainstorming and discussion about the most useful score values:

1. the players own best score (a must)
2. the best score of all known players - the 0.92 "par"-score.
3. the level-authors best score
4. a PAR in sense of professional average rate: we evaluate only scores
from players, who solved many levels; we ignore bad scores that just
mark a level solved without any best-score ambitions; and we build the
average.
5. the number of players who solved a level and/or the percentage of
players who solved a level. Not really a score - but might be interesting.

Other candidates?
Your preferences?
An algorithm for PAR calculation (4)?
Any volunteers for writing the score lists evaluation software?
Is Ralf Westram still reachable or has anyone his 0.92 score evaluation code?

Ronald