Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma Translation

From: Tacvek
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma Translation
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 12:01:59 -0500

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ronald Lamprecht" <address@hidden>
To: "metin selcuk" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2006 5:38 PM

Hi,

metin selcuk wrote:
Good day, I wpuld like to translate your game to Turkish. Please inform details.

Enigma uses Gnu gettext. You can take any other language ".po" source file as a starting point (I will send you one in a separate email).

Rename the other language file (f.e. sv.po) to your language code - that should be "tr.po" for Turkish and open it in your favorite Texteditor. Make sure you open and edit it with "utf-8" encoding!! Substitute all "msgstr" by the Turkish equivalent expression.

Send this file back to me and tell me the utf-8 encoded string for "Turkish" in Turkish as well as the standard language-nation code ("tr-TR" ?).

Note that while this will translate the user interface, it will not translate messages in levels. We have not worked out a good system for this. And there may even be some levels where the solution depends on something english specific, so full translation may never be possible.

If you are interested, after translating the game, you can try translating the manual. Contact us at tha time for details if you intend to do so.