[Enigma-devel] compiling enigma - dependency hell

From: mandrake tips
Subject: [Enigma-devel] compiling enigma - dependency hell
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 22:53:47 +0200

To the enigma development team:

Thanks for this game - I read about it in a German magazine and decided
to check it out.

I did have quite a bit of trouble to get past the ./configure stage;
your page at http://www.nongnu.org/enigma/download.html states that:
"Enigma depends on four additional libraries: SDL, SDL_ttf, SDL_image,
and SDL_mixer. Most GNU/Linux systems come with these libraries
pre-installed these days."

What is not clear however, is that on Mandrake/Mandriva (and very likely
plenty of other distributions) one doesn't just need those libs
installed but also the related development versions of them.

I checked and double checked to make sure I really had those libs, and I
did have them installed, and still the ./configure step complained about
it. Then after some searching I realised that the libs were there, but
not the *devel libs, which are necessary to compile enigma.

Would it be possible to include some small hint about this?

Thanks again for this fun game,
Rob a.k.a. aRTee
--
http://www.mandrake.tips.4.free.fr/