Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma 0.90

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma 0.90
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 13:10:31 +0100

> As for that texi2html, I have had problems too. my suggestion is for the
> group to use some other software. I suspect that different tex
> implementations implement that command in highly differing ways. I may be
> wrong on this too, but I just don't really like that utility anyway (but in
> reality I'm rather uncomfortable with tex at all.)

"Use some other software" is a relatively weak suggestion--we certainly
won't rewrite or convert the whole documentation simply because you
don't like texinfo.  We tried Docbook back when we started the
documentation, but it was a real PITA, and texinfo did at least work.  I
don't know about texi2html, it does work for me.  Do you use the version from
<http://texi2html.cvshome.org/servlets/ProjectDownloadList>?

Tacvek, if you volunteer to convert the documentation to some format of
your choice (should support HTML and PDF output), I'm quite willing to
make a switch, otherwise it's probably not going to happen.  (As an
aside, TeX is only required when creating ps/pdf documents from the
texinfo source.)

Daniel