Re: [Enigma-devel] Status

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Status
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 02:15:24 +0200

Ingo van Lil <address@hidden> wrote:

> Well, the obvious solution would be moving the data directory to a
> repository of its own.

Yes, It would, but that's currently not a good option, at least as long
as code and data evolve together.  And, frankly, I prefer computers to
adapt to my style of working, not the other way around.

> > I have not decided on an alternative yet; I'm currently leaning
> > towards GNU arch.  An arch<->CVS gateway should be feasible although I
> > did not investigate this possibility so far.
>
> Have you considered using Subversion? There's a steady movement of free
> projects from CVS to Subversion and it becomes more and more popular.

I did.  It's nice, but for my purposes, arch is even nicer.  Makes me
feel more efficient, but that may subjective.  Objectively, arch's
support for branching and merging is vastly superior.  It's so much
easier to move experimental code in a separate branch or to maintain a
stable and a development branch at the same time than with either CVS or
Subversion, it's simply awesome.

Daniel