Re: [Enigma-devel] Adding command-line parameters to make enigma aLUA-Le

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Adding command-line parameters to make enigma aLUA-Level-screenshoot of an specified area
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 11:16:05 +0100

Ralf Westram wrote:

> >> I don't like the idea to create ALL thumbs automatically.
> >> For example 'Khun-Phan' contains a message saying that the preview
> >> might be helpful to find the solution. I think it should be the
> >> decision of the level author whether a thumb is included or not.

The huge benefit of creating the thumbnails on the fly is that they can
be scaled to an arbitrary size. It is easy to show larger thumbnails in
800x600 or 1024x768.  Of course it might still be possible to ship a
320x208 image for the levels that require a custom thumbnail and scale
that to the appropriate size.

> > I think there is a solution by adding a lua-command to select the
> > screen area which is tumbnailed. for example
> > enigma.SelectTumbRegion(5,5)
> > to select that the screen with the top,left square 5,5 will be
> > tumbnailed...
>
> That won't work - the mentioned screenshot has been taken after
> playing for several minutes..

Yes, and unless someone is able to demonstrate an absolute need for such
a command, I would not want to clutter Enigma with a command that no
more than two levels make use of.

- Daniel