Re: [Enigma-devel] language localisation

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] language localisation
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 20:45:54 +0100

> I thought I could localize easily enigma menus and help, but this
> seems not being possible...
> Is there any way to do it?

"any way": yes.  "An easy way": probably no, I'm sorry.  I did not give
much thought to localization when I started Enigma, and I still don't
have much experience with it.  And it's not a simple task: both the
texts in the game menus and those in the levels would have to be
translated.  It's something that is certainly on my wish list, but
someone else would have to do the main work (=programming) at the
moment.

On the other hand, translations of the user manual would be
comparatively easy and immediately useful.  I don't know how suitable
Texinfo is for languages other than English, but that's only a technical
issue.

Cheers,
Daniel