Re: [Enigma-devel] language localisation

From: Tacvek
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] language localisation
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 17:03:15 -0500

By 'help' do yo mean the external html documentation. If so just edit the
textinfo file, found in the source. If you mean in-gamehelp it is currently
not possible.

I strongly suggest that the game core be switched to gettext. GNU hello has
a good example of using it while keeping cygwin compatibility. The only
problems are he game files, (not much can be done easily about this), and
maintaining the files.

José: if we switch to gnu gettext it would be trivial to translate, and the
game would be able to adapt to the language you normally use automatically,
as in there would be no need to select language from a list. (under a
posix-style system anyway, and only if a translation file for that language
is available.)