Re: [Enigma-devel] Cooperation with Oxyd developers? Was: Original Espri

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Cooperation with Oxyd developers? Was: Original Esprit/Oxyd Sounds
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 20:59:14 +0200

address@hidden wrote:

> Dongleware (the producers of Esprit and the Oxyd series) is a German
> company. Being German myself I could contact them and try to find out
> what they think about Enigma. Maybe they cooperate, maybe not. Maybe
> they send all media files and source code, maybe they try to sue
> someone. I just can't tell.

Here is a reasonable guess: They won't even bother to answer.  That
seems to have happened to every one who tried to contact them (me
included).

> Obviously, Meinolf Schneider does not have the intention of selling or
> supporting Oxyd style games any more. Enigma can only add to his fame.
> Chances are he will cooperate with the Enigma project as long as it
> does not cost time and he gets credits.

That's what I thought...

> Is it supposed any risk if I contacted him? Is there a possibility
> Enigma uses anything he has copyrights on? I don't think he would try
> to sue anyone anyways, just a question.

I would love to study the Oxyd source code or use some of the
graphics/sounds in Enigma.  I contacted Dongleware in April 2002,
telling them about Enigma and asking them for permission to use Oxyd's
graphics and sound effects.  I never got an answer. :-(

If you care enough, please _do_ Meinolf Schneider, it certainly won't
hurt. But don't expect too much.

Cheers,
Daniel