Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma for Mac OS X

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma for Mac OS X
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 10:05:19 +0200

Moin :)

> I'm interested in porting Enigma to Mac OS X.

There is already an OS X port of Enigma.  The one on the download page
is a little outdated, but a port of version 0.70 should appear there
really soon now.

> I own the first and original Oxyd version for Atari ST, Oxyd 2 and
> Oxyd Magnum. All great games. By the way, do yo know Spacola from
> Meinolf?

Many of Enigma's current users/developers seem to be former
Atari-Oxyd-Junkies :-)  Spacola was kind of fun, but never fun enough to
warrant buying the book.  But the title music was cool :-)

> I've got also a magazine, in which Meinolf explained the concepts and
> main algorithms of esprit, the predecessor of Oxyd.

Cool, that would be interesting! I for one would love to read the
article.

> Hey, there are also
> some people out there, who developed additional levels for esprit.

I know, there's even a level editor for Esprit.  I can send it to you if
you don't have it already.

> If you're interested, I could scan the article and find out the web
> address to the esprit extenders. I myself expect access to the Enigma
> CVS.

The best way to get CVS write access is to flood me with more patches
than I can handle :-)

Tschoesen,
Daniel

--