Re: [Enigma-devel] New face

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] New face
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 17:20:24 +0200

Hi Sven,

Welcome :-)

> I have one small nag regarding the sounds in Enigma. Some of them ar
> too loud and sound too harsh while others are fine. Since I am a
> professional"sound person", I thought I'd have a go at tweaking the
> sounds a bit. Is that okay?

"Okay"?  That would be awesome!  Better sound effects would add a lot to
the game, but so far nobody had the time and/or expertise to improve
them.  Most of the current .wav files come from other freeware games or
from various internet sites and accordingly differ widely in quality.

> One question: Wasn't there a litle happy song after you'd completed
> each level in the original games?

In fact, there was.  You can put a file called "finished.wav" in the
Enigma's sound folder to achieve the same.  We simply had no suitable
tune when we released version 0.7.

Thanks for your offer, your work would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Daniel