Re: [Enigma-devel] marble respawn and extra lives

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] marble respawn and extra lives
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 13:24:12 +0100

Petr Machata wrote:

> I found just a one more bug... nothing really serious, but it's here.
> Now, as friday's CVS had it, if you hit F3, level reloads. That's
> okay, it's what you would expect from a well-behaved F3 in enigma, a
> lot better than killing a marble as it was before. But marble retains
> same number of "lives" as before the reload.
> So, let's have a level with some it-extralife in it. Player picks it
> up, having 3 extra lives now. Then restarts with F3 and, surprise,
> again he has 3 extras, plus fresh level with it-extralife...

You're right, I forgot to remove one extra life from the inventory.
Unfortunately, there is no trivial fix for this -- the whole
level-restart-or-reload code is a little brittle.  We'll have to live
with it for a short while.

And as long as there are no levels with extra lifes,  it doesn't matter
anyway.

Daniel

--
Daniel Heck                             address@hidden