emonkey-dev

[Emonkey-dev] quad turning point

From: Jack Morgan
Subject: [Emonkey-dev] quad turning point
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 15:00:56 +0000

It was while I was searching for her that I wasapprehended by the agents of Xaxa.
It was arranged that Gor Hajus should act as spokesman and I as keeperof the ape.
The room wasof medium size and at the farther side, behind a massive table, satXaxa.
Every eye was bent upon the altar and what they saw there seemed tocrush them with terror. Tell me, Sag Or, he said, what has become of Kara Vasa. Alls well, whispered the voice of Gor Hajus. Every part of thepalace and the palace grounds had been searched and searched again.
The Great Tur, I now announced, is angry with his people. I examined the door and discovered that it fastened with aspring lock. Extinguish the lights and let no one move under pain of instantdeath until Tur gives the word.
Seeing no one we enteredand soon found what we required.
From the platform I could see through the mouth of Tur.
We shall have to make inquiries of Sag Or, I said.
I saw that she asked him several questionsand that she seemed vexed by his replies.
The prisoner, he whispered, do yourecognize him?
It sounded from the direction of the Great Tur, replied a secondvoice.
I could hear himchuckle as he started down the ladder to carry my new plan into effect.
I will turn my back that you may know that I cannot assisthim in any way. Xaxas eyes now rested upon the face of the Great Tur.
I examined the door and discovered that it fastened with aspring lock. Seeing no one we enteredand soon found what we required.
We could hear the two conversing as they came nearer.
There was scarce a moment for consideration.
They will expect us to descend, he replied, for in that directionlies the nearest avenue of escape. Fearfully, one by one, the bowedheads were raised and frightened eyes sought the face of Tur. Every part of thepalace and the palace grounds had been searched and searched again.
Her eyes narrowed as she waitedfor my reply. Think you, priest, that I should be seeking them here had they not? The officer took the messageand examined it.
He seized Xaxa and raisedthe blade, its point above her heart. He seized Xaxa and raisedthe blade, its point above her heart.
Tur, I could have sworn, had been silent formany years. Victory seemed turned to defeat as they rushed towardsus; but it was Gor Hajus who gave them pause. Then, Vad Varo, the last full measure of my gratitude would be yours.
THE GREAT TURThe day dragged wearily for Gor Hajus and me.