emonkey-dev

[Emonkey-dev] commandant

From: Andrew Beltran
Subject: [Emonkey-dev] commandant
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 12:28:59 +0300

The dark, lean man, with the long facemade in two planes, was Carreras the Spaniard.
Ill never laugh at youagain for being silly about birds. You stay here and rest, he said, and Ill go and prospect. Long before Peter John had reached the point at least three-fourthsof the people had moved there.
I heard footsteps on the stoneand was conscious that Martel had joined me. Ill never laugh at youagain for being silly about birds.
Idropped my own rifle and held up my hand.
The people in the House must know their dangernow, but what good was that knowledge to them?
Andwith the hail came a wind that cut like a knife.
Ive made a deuceof a mess of things, and I thought I was being rather clever.
I considered that presently I might have toget busy. I tried to think calmly and picture what an attack would be like.
To occupy the House and ransack it attheir leisure. If Anna and he joined the defence they would only be twomore non-combatants. Moreover, these men had their blood hot and their spirit high fromthe Grind hunt. It was rather as if his mind had withdrawn itself from theouter world altogether.
For myself I chose the roof, whichgave me a prospect of the whole terrain.
The track to the House passedits eastern edge, and by this their road lay.
At any rate the children were still in the land ofthe living. It was a mild morning, growing closer as it neared midday.
I had a momentaryidea that the children might have gone there, but I at oncerejected it.
Oh, Peter John, what a mess weve made of everything!
It was a scene asmacabre as any nightmare, but it was orderly too.
If hewas going to do anything, he would have been here long ago. He seemedalmost demented, and hardly spoke a word.
He was thinking hard and studyingthe environs of the House.
In this gap appeared the foolish heads and poised necks ofa little flock of pink-foot.