emonkey-announce

[Emonkey-announce] fare

From: Constance Farley
Subject: [Emonkey-announce] fare
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 20:26:02 +0300

Your beloved Jimgrim was my enemy, and you led himstraight into my trap.
A sort of madness seized me as the conviction grew thatGrim had gone insane. She dropped the bags andovertook us, taking our arms and forcing herself between us. When the babu spoke to me I did not answer. It was the babus turn to bear the brunt of the exertion. If there is another woman meddling, it is time wemade ready for trouble. I obeyed him when he orderedme to put my clothes on.
Hecould not have hidden in the monastery.
Mercy is stupidity, and there will be none.
In the ruined building there was the sort of noise that comes outof a slaughter-house.
The man in Grims clothes waited for us near the cave mouth.
Hurt that babu if you want to see oldRamsden suffer. Nothing hurts more on a cold night than a blow on the shin.
I told him that Grim was missing and that my plan was to get theponies ready.
Youwill not in any case be carried or allowed to die.
Rait, he remarked, is such an amateur that he acts like a policemanwith a witness. He gave me a shove that sent Chullunder Ghose and me both sprawlingon the cave floor.
The man in Grims clothes never troubled himself once to turn andlook at us.
Understand, he said, thrusting his face close to mine, therewill be no nonsense about sparing you.
There were lice eating into the scores of places where my skinwas broken. Narayan Singh had received my leave to go. Youwill not in any case be carried or allowed to die. I heard an oathfrom Narayan Singh and then the swish-swish of his saber.
Cant you be generous when it wontcost you anything? Motherof abominations, you shall stay until we find him!
The man in Grims clothes never troubled himself once to turn andlook at us.
The cave, and everything in it, wasas clear as if etched with a pen.