Two very small bugs and a wish list

From: Titus Müller
Subject: Two very small bugs and a wish list
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2023 11:52:09 +0100

Thank you, Yoni and Petteri, for your kind replies.

I am already having fun with EMMS, it's much bigger than I thought and already
has many functions I would look for. You have put lots of brains and effort
into it, I can see that. It makes EMMS a joy to use.

I came upon two more (very small) bugs.

(1) If I do M-x emms-metaplaylist-mode-new-buffer and enter a
(wrong/non-existent) buffer name, the error message says: "not the
metalplaylist buffer". Ha, metalplaylist! Could that be on purpose?

(2) Since I am German, some MP3s have Umlaut-Letters in their title. "Nun ruhen
alle Wälder" is shown in the playlist and the browser with a slash followed by
the number 344 instead of the ä Laut, and in the tag editor it is correct in
the name-field, but broken (344) in the info-title field.

If you find time, here a few wishes I have.

(1) I would love to have an emms-playlist-default-directory I can set, so when
I do emms-play-playlist, I do not have to change directory from my overall
music collection (which I set as emms-source-file-default-directory) to the
playlist directory.

(2) I would be happy if an emms-playlist-limit-to-info-note could be added,
limiting to those tracks whose info-note matches the given regular expression.
It already works via lisp with (emms-playlist-limit-do 'info-note "relax")),
but to be able to use it "on the fly" would even enhance the experience.

(3) In emms-playlist-mode, it would be great to have a function to move a track
one line up, and one to move a track one line down, to permanently (after
saving the playlist) change the order of the playlist.

If I can do anything to help you with EMMS (as a non-programmer, regrettably),
please, tell me. Is there a paypal-account I can donate to and support the
development of EMMS?

All the best to you!

Titus