Re: [emms-help] emms-player-mpv ipc-error: connection-error

From: Mike Kazantsev
Subject: Re: [emms-help] emms-player-mpv ipc-error: connection-error
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2018 21:06:15 +0500

On Tue, 19 Jun 2018 09:20:48 +0500
Mike Kazantsev <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Jun 2018 22:11:50 +0300
> Konstantin Reich <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Maybe the problem me using emacs 26?
>
> Oh, I didn't think of that, and just tried it here with updated emacs,
> and yes - same exact error, looks like some kind of change in how
> processes are handled there.
>
> Will fix and report back, thanks for mentioning it!

Did find what looks like a bug in emacs-26, and reported it here:

There are simple workarounds for it (aside from that 'file one), like
"(setq emms-player-mpv-ipc-connect-delays '(1))", using tcp socket on
localhost, or adding some ipc connection restart timer, but wanted
someone to maybe comment on the bug first, in case I might be using the
thing wrong wrt emacs-26 :nowait changes or something.

And if it's indeed such an obvious bug, could be patched quickly and
require no additional hacks anyway :)

--
Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net