[emms-help] More mpv player code review

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: [emms-help] More mpv player code review
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2018 13:55:45 +0200

Sorry for the long delay, I've finally spent some time review the mpv
code.
It's pretty neat I think, I like it.
I've fixed a few nits already.

Some questions:

- In `emms-player-mpv-proc-stop': (setq emms-player-mpv-proc nil) should
  be done at the end I think, or in case of interrupt ("C-g") at the
  wrong time the variable will be nil while the player will not be
  stopped.  Further calls to emms-player-mpv-proc-stop won't be able to
  stop the player.

- In `emms-player-mpv-ipc-connect-fifo':

(format "cat > '%s'"
 (replace-regexp-in-string "'" "'\"'\"'" emms-player-mpv-ipc-socket t t))

That looks like proper ugly shell! :p I haven't tried, but couldn't we
use `shell-quote-argument' instead?

(concat "cat > "
 (shell-quote-argument emms-player-mpv-ipc-socket))

Thank you very much for your hard work, Mike!

--
Pierre Neidhardt