Re: [emms-help] mpv player alternative with json-ipc

From: Mike Kazantsev
Subject: Re: [emms-help] mpv player alternative with json-ipc
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2018 20:26:49 +0500

On Tue, 17 Apr 2018 17:24:38 +0530
Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> wrote:

> From which state do you expect this?

I thought you'd run it from scratch, with all the requires and init
stuff in there, so that everything that mpv instance does will be
captured, assuming that issue happens there, of course.

But any log is fine, really :)

> Anyways, here is a message when I
> ran the last command from the playlist buffer with multiple tracks and
> one track was playing.
> I noticed the issue happens when going to the next track.  I'm not
> sure it exactly when it happens, but it happens very frequently, so I'm
> quite puzzle that you did not experience it.

Logs for mpv my configuration are identical, except for one thing -
'{"event":"seek"}' in there right before playback is supposed to start
("file-loaded -> audio-reconfig x2 -> duration -> playback-restart"
in my case).
But that shouldn't really affect anything, guess maybe it's maybe some
kind of "skip initial silence" script/filter that you might have there.

I wonder if maybe I'm misunderstanding the situation though.

Are steps to reproduce the issue same as following:

- Start any kind of mpv playback, it starts normally.
- Pause currently-playing track via e.g. emms-player-mpv-pause.
- Run emms-next.
- Playlist is switched to next track, but playback is still paused.

With expected result: next track starts playing after (emms-next).
Vs actual result: playback is still paused after (emms-next).

This is the issue that you meant, right?

And e.g. test-case proposed in my previous mail doesn't demonstrate the
issue as there's no pausing involved there?

I think this situation is indeed a bug, as guess emms-next should
also unpause the track, or at least not reset emms-player-paused-p if
it doesn't - will fix in a moment, haven't considered what should
happen on pause+switch like that.

--
Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net