Re: [emms-help] mpv player alternative with json-ipc

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: [emms-help] mpv player alternative with json-ipc
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2018 21:53:47 +0530

Thanks for the hard work!

Before merging dochang/emms-player-mpv, we also considered
https://github.com/momomo5717/emms-player-simple-mpv which uses IPC as
well.

It turned out that there were many rough edges that needed polishing
before merging.  So instead we opted for dochang's simpler version for
now and we will adopt IPC features incrementally.

I haven't looked at your code, but isn't it duplicating momomo5717's
effort?

That said, it's no waste of effort and if you'd like to help merge the
IPC features, you are very welcome!

--
Pierre Neidhardt