Re: [emms-help] Pre-Emms 5.0 changes (org-style TAB, emacs-y RET, remove

From: Yoni Rabkin
Subject: Re: [emms-help] Pre-Emms 5.0 changes (org-style TAB, emacs-y RET, remove-tracks, cache-reset, albumartist nodes)
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2018 13:52:55 -0400

Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> writes:

> I went berserk today :)
>
> In short:
>
> - Org-style TAB / SPC bindings: they cycle through the different levels of
> expansions.
> - `emms-browser-move-up-level` is now interactive and bound to `^`.
> - `emms-add-tracks` (bound to `<return>`) has been extended to add all tracks
>   in the region.  It's also possible to use a numeric prefix argument to add
>   that many tracks.  The point now moves forward so that you can keep pressing
>   `<return>` to add a series of tracks.
> - Use the new `emms-browser-remove-tracks` function to clean-up Emms browser
>   manually.  (Call with a prefix argument to delete the associated files.)
> - Or use the more radical `emms-cache-reset`.  (This won't delete any file.)
> - The Emms browser tree now also uses `albumartist` instead of only `artist`.
> - I've fixed an issue with cover thumbnails not always showing.

People who use the browser: please try these out so that we can have
them checked before 5.0.

I noticed that Emms still compiles with no errors or warnings; this is a
very good thing.

Pierre: please add NEWS entries as you see fit to describe your
work. NEWS entries is what goes out in the GNU release annoucement and
therefore people actually end up seeing those.