[emms-help] Ability to turn off use of `thing-at-point'

From: Jordan Wilson
Subject: [emms-help] Ability to turn off use of `thing-at-point'
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 17:15:37 +0000

Hi,

it would be good if the various instances of "(thing-at-point
'filename)" in the package were wrapped in a user variable
conditional. I always end up having to delete a random string (the text
around where ever my cursor happens to be) from the minibuffer when I
change the playlist.

E.g.

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
            (when emms-source-initial-filename
                  (thing-at-point 'filename))
#+END_SRC

where `emms-source-initial-filename' is a boolean that is set by
default to `t'.

Thanks,
Jordan.
--