[emms-help] emms-setup.el breakage anyone?

From: Yoni Rabkin Katzenell
Subject: [emms-help] emms-setup.el breakage anyone?
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 20:37:02 +0300

Attached is a proposed replacement for `emms-setup.el' temporarily named
`emms-setup-yrk.el'.

So, what is wrong with the old `emms-setup'? Nothing I guess but that
does not stop me from trying to replace it.

The new `emms-setup-yrk.el' has the following stuff going for it, take
it all with a big dose of IMHO from me:

1) The current `emms-setup.el' is implemented as a cascade of nested
   `unless' clauses. This makes the code less readable and more
   difficult to modify. The new implementation is written to be the most
   direct and simple solution possible (but no simpler).

2) `emms-source-file-default-directory' is not redefined or set in the
   new implementation since it is already a customizable variable. It
   does offer `emms-setup-default-player-list' as an ready-made option.

3) Since each level is just simple function, you can read the
   documentation strings for the level, learn about it and then jump to
   its definition in the source and modify. That is not possible with
   the current setup.