[emms-help] Re: Emms2 patch rollback

From: Yoni Rabkin Katzenell
Subject: [emms-help] Re: Emms2 patch rollback
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 12:30:36 +0300

Michael Olson <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I noticed that my patch to fix a problem in emms-playlist-mode has
> been rolled back.  Is there a different way that you'd like me to
> implement this?  Perhaps by let-binding emms-playlist-buffer-p around
> the (kill-all-local-variables) line?

Implement it in whichever way you wish as long as you don't break any of
the existing functionality.

> Without this patch, emms-playlist-mode is completely unusable, at
> least in the way that I use it.  Here's a sample case.
>
> (require 'emms)
> (require 'emms-player-simple)
> (require 'emms-player-mpd)                     ; MusicPD support
> (require 'emms-playlist-mode)
> (require 'emms-source-file)
> (require 'emms-streams)
>
> (define-emms-combined-source all nil
>   '((emms-source-directory "/stuff/sounds/albums")
>     (emms-source-directory "/stuff/sounds/mixes")
>     (emms-source-directory "/stuff/sounds/radio")))
>
> (emms-add-all)

What is `emms-add-all'? I am not familiar with that function in
Emms2. It is not explicitly defined in the code. Is it the result of a
macro? Could you point it out for me so that I can understand what is
going wrong?