emacsweblogs

[Emacsweblogs] [bug #27738] Misleading description of xml-rpc-method-cal

From: anonymous
Subject: [Emacsweblogs] [bug #27738] Misleading description of xml-rpc-method-call-async
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 16:33:25 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Hello,

While experimenting with xml-rpc.el I noticed that (at least to me) the
description of `xml-rpc-method-call-async' in xml-rpc.el is misleading. It
states:

,----
| Call an XML-RPC method asynchronously at SERVER-URL named METHOD with
| PARAMS as parameters. When the method returns, ASYNC-CALLBACK-FUNC
| will be called with the result as parameter.
`----

The misleading term is 'with the result as parameter'. What I expected to get
as parameter for my ASNC-CALLBACK-FUNC is a result list like I do get when
doing a sync xmlrpc call. But I noticed that the callback function gets http
`xml-rpc-request-process-buffer' and `xml-rpc-xml-to-response'.

What strenghtend the wrong assumption about `xml-rpc-method-call-async' was
the example for a callback function given in the commentary section:

,----
| (defun cb-foo (foo)
|   (print (format "%s" foo)))
`----

As FOO won't be a string at all but nil or a list of http responsens.

Regards,
  -- David

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?27738>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah