[emacs-wiki-discuss] using day pages vs. a main page

From: Paul Lussier
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] using day pages vs. a main page
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 22:50:05 -0400

Hi all,

Is there an easy way to use both day pages and a main page?  What I'm
after is to have a main page with reverse-chronological note numbers,
ala blog-style, but to have those same notes show up on day pages.

I guess one easy way to do this would be to use day pages, but somehow
add a hook such that planner-multi also sticks the note on the main
page.  The only problem is that planner-reverse-chronological-notes
seems to be a global variable affecting all pages.  What I really like
is a page-local instance of that variable isolated and obeyed only
when the current buffer my MainPage planner page.

What I'd like to do is combine the organization of planner with the
ease of blogging.  I'd like a main page that appears to be a blog, but
that I can see the date on which any given note was added.  When I
link to the day page for that note, I can also see what else I did
that day.  I don't need tasks to show up at all on the MainPage, just
the day pages.  Does this make any sense?

Any ideas?  Thanks.

--
Seeya,
Paul