Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Specifying fonts, margins, etc. when publis

From: Jim Ottaway
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Specifying fonts, margins, etc. when publishing to PDF?
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 16:08:02 +0100

> Michael Olson <address@hidden> writes:
>> Paul Lussier <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> Can someone tell me how I could specify a different font or margin,
>>> etc. when publishing a muse file to PDF ?  I thought I'd find a muse
>>> variable somewhere that would let me do this, but I didn't find
>>> anything obvious.

>> Customize `muse-latex-header' with any specific changes that you want
>> to make to the font and anything else.  I can't help you in finding
>> the right LaTeX code to use, though, since that's beyond my knowledge.

> Yeah, mine too :(

> Guess it's time to start learning LaTeX...

It's quite easy to change to some fonts, for example

\usepackage{palatino}

in the header changes to palatino for the main font

\usepackage{times}

to times new roman

\usepackage{bookman}, \usepackage{newcent} [new century schoolbook], etc.

These all use helvetica where a sans serif font is needed, and courier
for the typewriter font.

I like charter:

\usepackage{charter}.

The general thing to do to change the main font would be

\renewcommand{\rmdefault}{<fontname>}, but that involves knowing the
name of the font as it is known to LaTeX.

--
Jim Ottaway