[emacs-wiki-discuss] (proposition) add-on to remember.el : 'M-x link'

From: Evan Monroig
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] (proposition) add-on to remember.el : 'M-x link'
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 08:35:16 +0900

Hi,

I use planner-el (on muse) and remember-el, and I tend to use a lot of
links among the files. For example, when I mention someone in a note, I
like to also link to his bbdb record for when I re-read the note later.

If the note was in relation to something else, e.g. an e-mail in Gnus,
then I cannot go to bbdb and do 'M-x remember' because there already is
a *Remember* buffer.

The few solutions that come to my mind are:

 1. write the link by hand

 2. copy the current *Remember* buffer to something else, kill it, and
    do 'M-x remember'

 3. have a function with a name like 'M-x link' that would create a
    backlink to the current buffer, e-mail or bbdb record, and that
    would save that link either to the kill ring or to a special
    buffer (*back-links* for example). If it is saved to the kill ring,
    it would then be easy to get it back, and if it is a special buffer
    there would be another function to get back numerous links from that
    buffer.

What do you think?

Evan