Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Bug: Latex Footnotes in headers

From: Jim Ottaway
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Bug: Latex Footnotes in headers
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 20:28:02 +0100

>> Seems there is a bug when trying to get footnotes on headings, following text
>> causes error consistently.

> The correct code generated from

>> ** watch the footnoteq[1]

>> Footnotes:
>> [1]  a footnote in a heading does not work

> would be

> \subsection{watch the footnote\protect\footnote{a footnote in a
>    heading does not work, but a protected one does.}}

Sorry, as soon as I sent this I realised that it was  not quite right

It is better to have the generated code look like this

\subsection[watch the footnote]{watch the footnote\footnote{a footnote in a
    heading does not work, but a protected one does.}}

Then you don't get the footnote duplicated in the table of contents.

--
Jim Ottaway