[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Error "Symbol's function definition is void: cu

From: Alec Clews
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Error "Symbol's function definition is void: custom-quote"
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 03:10:55 +0000 (UTC)

Alec Clews <alecclews <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On 07/05/06, Alec Clews <alecclews <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have installed emacs-planner according to the instructions at
> > http://www.plannerlove.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Main.QuickStart
> >
> > Can anyone suggest how I can fix this please? I have located the
> > apparent offending line in  /muse/lisp/muse-project.el, however as I
> > have no lisp or Emacs programming experience I'm not sure how to
> > proceed.
> >

> I guess I should have done more research before posting. According to
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.wiki.general/5686 this problem
> is already fixed in a later release of muse.
>
> Can I just download muse and install in the same place that the
> QuickStart package did?

I downloaded and installed the latest version of Muse, and that error message
went away. However I now get a different message.

"Symbol's value as variable is void: muse-regexp-space"

The output when running emacs with --debug-init is
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-variable muse-regexp-space)
  (defvar planner-regexp-space muse-regexp-space "Space for regular
expressions")
  eval-buffer(#<buffer  *load*<2>> nil "planner" nil t)
  load-with-code-conversion("/home/alec/elisp/planner/planner.el" "planner" nil
t)
  require(planner)
  eval-buffer(#<buffer  *load*> nil "~/.emacs" nil t)
  load-with-code-conversion("/home/alec/.emacs" "~/.emacs" t t)
  load("~/.emacs" t t)

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks

Alec Clews

alecclews at gmail dot com, Melbourne, Australia