New subscriber, and new user of planner.el. Since the welcome message said :
"If you're new to emacs-wiki, planner, remember, or
any of the related modules, feel free to jump in with a post about how
you're currently doing things and how you'd like to do things. =)"
I'd like to do just that... I need a couple of pointers on how to set things up..
1. I work at several sites on multple, possibly related projects. Without having to carry my laptop with me
at all times, how can I keep track of multi-site projects ?
Basically, I want:
- to be able to access customer specific projects at the customer site, even from a customer supplied
- work with -at least- two types of projects: My general personal notes, and customer-confidential notes.
(I'll accept only being able to access customer projects at the customer site.)
My thoughts so far: I could put my private notes in a version control system such as cvs, then check out a
working set, and occasionally do a commit of these notes, to synchronize with central servers. However,
some of the sites I work at only have http access, which pretty much rules out CVS.
2. Having looked at the wiki, I still feel that I'm missing something.. where can I find more information ?
3. I have a problem publishing information from the wiki to a web site. Basically, some exported files never
get updated to reflect the latest status. How can I force certain files to be updated regardless ?
4. Finally, and perhaps most important: is there a publicly accessible archive for this mailing list ? I feel that
what I want to do has been done before ;-)
Anyway.. planner looks like a good argument to keep my IDE toting colleagues at bay.. Thank you for