Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Archiving day-pages

From: Andreas Stemmer
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Archiving day-pages
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 16:48:39 +0200 (MEST)

Raimund Kohl-Fuechsle wrote:
> I guess this is just a stupid question:  I use to have plan-pages and
> day-pages in my ray/Plans/ directory ... and I think only day-pages of
> the actual month are necessary.  Therefor I created ray/Plans/Archiv to
> move older day-pages over.  Now here the question:  What about the tasks
> they contain?  Can I just move the files and this is it, or do I have to
> remove all tasks befor moving?  It's clear that I check all day-pages
> about undone tasks before moving ... :-)

It's not a stupid question, I wanted to ask the same. I noticed that my
planner file gets more and more cluttered with the day-pages. I'd like to
sort them into a directory structure, something like ~\planner\yyyy\mm\ with
appropriate directories for years and months and I am just lacking the lisp
skills to do it automatically...

Andreas