[emacs-wiki-discuss] XEmacs Problems

From: Andreas Stemmer
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] XEmacs Problems
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 17:37:03 +0200 (MEST)

Hi group,

After some happy ans successful using of planner for some time now, I'm now
trying to use planner-timeclock.el and planner-multi.el (dev version from
today, but from a quick glance at the stable version, the problem should be
the same there) with XEmacs 21.4.

There seem to be two XEmacs specific problems and I'd like to know how other
XEmacs users handle them. Please note that I don't know very much about lisp
or emacs debugging.

1. When using planner-timeclock.el, I get the error message
"Symbol's function definition ist void: easy-menu-create-menu"

Google says that the function easy-menu-create-menu is not included in the
XEmacs package of easymenu. So what can I do? Remove the conflicting part
and live without the menu entry? Or is there any better solution?

2. When using planner-multi.el, I get the error message
"Wrong number of arguments: require, 3"

XEmacs help on function require says:

`require' is a built-in function
(require FEATURE &optional FILENAME)
Documentation:
If feature FEATURE is not loaded, load it from FILENAME.
If FEATURE is not a member of the list `features', then the feature
is not loaded; so load the file FILENAME.
If FILENAME is omitted, the printname of FEATURE is used as the file name.

whereas in GNU Emacs, require has an additional argument "noerror"

Any ideas how to solve these problems?

Thank you very much,
Andreas Stemmer