[emacs-wiki-discuss] RE: emacs-wiki 2.69 released

From: Raymond Zeitler
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] RE: emacs-wiki 2.69 released
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 15:53:23 -0400

Hi Michael:

Thank you (and the contributors) for working on emacs-wiki.

You wrote, "Flyspell does not mangle link properties in this way on Emacs21."
I have trouble understanding the entire paragraph in which this appears.  It
seems as though you fixed a problem that occurred only with Flyspell on CVS
Emacs, and that you believe the problem doesn't exist with Flyspell on Emacs 21.

In fact Flyspell does interfere with emacs-wiki (the two most-recent versions
I've tried: 2.67 & 2.69) on Emacs 21x in at least two significant ways:

First, is the problem with Emacs crashing, which I posted about here:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-wiki-discuss/2005-03/msg00104.html

Second, when I click my mouse-wheel on a mis-spelled link, Emacs will interpret
that as M-x flyspell-correct-word, rather than follow the link.  I'd assumed
this is something unique to the version of Emacs compiled for Windows.  Either
that, or there's a certain order the hooks need to be installed in.

Since I've added the names of all my project pages to my dictionary -- to keep
Emacs from crashing - I've circumvented both problems.  But it doesn't change
the fact that Flyspell and emacs-wiki are highly incompatible even on Emacs21.

I write all this not expecting this to be fixed.  (I'd rather see time spent on
muse or enhancements).  But I thought you should be aware of this.

All the best!

--
Raymond Zeitler <address@hidden>