[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: TAB completion in eshell disabled

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: TAB completion in eshell disabled
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 22:43:57 -0500

Cheng-shan Frank Liu <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi, I am using emacs-wiki (Emacs 21.3.1) with Linux Fedora Core 2.
>
> I found that loading emacs-wiki conflicts with the TAB completion
> function in eshell. (But this TAB completion function works fine in
> the shell mode.) Everytime when I hit TAB, the error message shows,
> "Symbol's function definition is void: substitute-env-vars."

It looks as though the version of pcomplete that comes with emacs-wiki
in the "contrib" directory is overshadowing the version of pcomplete
that comes with Emacs 21.3.1.

I don't know how the pcomplete file from emacs-wiki ended up in the
load path, since it is in a separate directory.  If you copied it to
/usr/share/emacs-wiki, you might want to delete that file, since the
one comes with Emacs 21.3.1 will work better.

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net -- IRC: mwolson on freenode.net: #muse, #pulug