[emacs-wiki-discuss] pll/planner-create-task-from-note

From: Paul Lussier
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] pll/planner-create-task-from-note
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 14:15:07 -0400

Hi all,

I always seem to forget that one can 'planner-create-note-from-task',
and as a result, I create a note, then create a task I want linked to
it.  Today, I discovered there appears ot be no reverse function,
essentially, planner-create-task-from-note.  Perhaps there is one, and
I missed it.  Regardless, I figured this couldn't be too difficult (hah!)
so I took a stab at writing it myself.  Here's what I came up with
(also available at: http://paste.lisp.org/display/7191)

  (defun pll/planner-create-task-from-note ()
    "This is an attempt to create a task from the note at point,
  using the information provided by planner-current-note-info and
  create a task out of it using: planner-create-task"
    (interactive)
    (let
        (( page  (car   (planner-current-note-info)))
        ( title (nth 2 (planner-current-note-info)))
        ( link  (nth 4 (planner-current-note-info))))
        (planner-create-task title (planner-read-date) link nil)))

I have no idea if this is the "right" way to do it, but it seems to
mostly work.  I would love it if those of you skilled in the ways of
lisp would critique/comment on this and/or provide alternative ways of
doing the same thing so I could look at it and learn from it.

--
Thanks,
Paul