[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: a little help on reading elisp

From: Jody Klymak
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: a little help on reading elisp
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2005 08:54:42 -0800

Hi Rino,

Rino Mardo <address@hidden> writes:

> now i know what "defun" does but the following i don't. maybe someone can
> help?
>

>    1. (defadvice planner-create-note-from-task (around joroxx activate)
>    2. "Stay in the same window."
>    3. (let ((planner-use-other-window nil))
>    4. ad-do-it))

Put your cursor on "defadvice".  Type C-h C-f (for Help Function) and
"defadvice" should be the default choice.  Hit "return" - if you read
to the end of the help, there should be a link to the info page on
defadvice, where they can explain it far better than I can.  If you
don't have info installed correctly, a quick google on "emacs
defadvice" will give you more than you need.

If you put your cursor over a variable, i.e. planner-use-other-window,
try C-h C-v (Help Variable).

Cheers,  Jody

--
Jody Klymak      http://opg1.ucsd.edu/~jklymak/