Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: sachawiki: 2004.08.25

From: Frederik Fouvry
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: sachawiki: 2004.08.25
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 12:08:42 +0200 (CEST)

,-- On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 11:34:54 +0200, Michael Heinrich wrote:

| Hello!
|
| I'm really new to PlannerMode (just one week) and I really like it.
| I also use an european-style calendar.
|
| On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 03:06:41AM +0200, Daniel Barral wrote:
| >
| > [a lot of lisp code]
| >

| If I understand your code correctly then you store the day pages as
| day.month.year if in european-style. IMHO this isn't a good idea
| because
|
| o you can't easily switch between european and non-european-style
| calendar,
| o if you "ls" the files in your planner-directory they aren't sorted
| by date.

The ISO format for dates is yyyy/mm/dd or yyyy-mm-dd.  If one
format for dates is chosen, it should be that one, not in the
least because it can be parsed unambiguously and can be used for
sorting.  (Because "/" has a special meaning, the use of "." is
acceptable - and for Germans normal ;-).  I'm sorry if I sound
harsh, but I really think that being able to change the date
format is (for the standard release!) a feature that does not
bring anything at all (`featurism').  (An acceptable alternative
to do obtain the same effect is to use links of the form
[[2004.08.16][16.08.2004]].  Should be easy enough to generate.)

Cheers,

Frederik