[emacs-wiki-discuss] new emacs-wiki-journal functionality

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] new emacs-wiki-journal functionality
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 01:38:10 +0200

Hi.

I've been hacking emacs-wiki-journal.el a little bit, in order to have
multiple journal pages. By that i mean that i wanted to limit the
number of entries in the main journal page, and to have old ones
automatically archived in other pages.

Well, that's what i've implemented. You specify the maximum number of
entries per page (emacs-wiki-journal-entries-per-page) and, when you
M-x emacs-wiki-journal-add-entry, if the number of entries in the
current main page has reached your threshold, a new empty one is
created (you can customize its #title though), and the old entries are
stored in a separate page which is linked from the new one (text of
this link customizable too). Links in the category pages are properly
updated.

In addition, the archived page has a title indicating its time span,
so that the WikiIndex gets nicely sorted by date.

You can see a living (if reduced) example of what i'm talking about in
my recently started online journal (http://tao.uab.es/jao/journal/).

The code is available via tla (i tagged the last sacha dev branch) at
my archive:

archive: address@hidden
location: http://tao.uab.es/jao/archives/2004
branch: emacs-wiki--jao--1.0

Feedback welcome!

Happy hacking,
jao

ps: Sacha: I'd be very happy if you'd consider merging in my changes
in the 'official' archive --- i'm willing to make any modification or
addition you need. Thanks for a great piece of software.

--
You are never too old to be what you might have been.
 -George Eliot (Mary Ann Evans), novelist (1819-1880)